Saturday, October 16, 2010

Dulce de Leche Cheesecake Squares

dulce1


When I pulled out the recipe for this delectable bite size dessert, I knew I couldn't fumble. After all, cheesecake is my favorite cake(or pie). I made sure I got the right and best quality ingredients, and read the procedure over and over again. The process of making it turned out to be tormenting as much as it's exciting. First, preparing dulce de leche requires a 50-minute heating of condensed milk - the greatest creation in the history of sweets! I can't count how many times I shooed Jon away so he wouldn't try dipping his finger in it (I had to control myself as well from licking the spoon I used to stir). And it called for an overnight chilling! The anticipation turned into frustration that night for dinner. Imagine the agony we felt while eating store-bought biscuits knowing there's a fresh and luscious dessert sitting in the fridge.

More than 12 hours later, I found my husband munching on a plate full of cheesecake squares while playing video games, then delivering some to his brother's house, then delivering more squares again to his brother at night. And that's when I knew I nailed it.


dulce2

dulce3

dulce4

No comments:

Post a Comment